By Amelia Thomson-DeVeaux in FiveThirtyEight –
- Trump is implicated in some form of coordination with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election.
- Trump is implicated in obstruction of justice.
- Trump isn’t accused of wrongdoing, but someone close to him is.
- Mueller’s findings aren’t made public, so we don’t know whether Trump is implicated in wrongdoing.
- The findings are made public, and neither the president nor any of his close associates are implicated in further wrongdoing.
Whatever happens, don’t expect the drama to end when Mueller packs up his office and turns off the lights.